THE UPPER EAST SIDE APARTMENTS Book It Now
Welcome to the Upper East Side Apartments! The private bedroom style apartments are situated in a five-story walk-up building located on York Avenue, between 73rd and 74th Streets. This area is extremely desirable and sought after by young New Yorkers. Students, young adults and young professionals hang out in hip and trendy bars, clubs and restaurants that are the hallmark of this area. This neighborhood is considered very safe. CHECK-IN TIME IS 3:00 PM; CHECK-OUT TIME IS 12:00 PM (NOON). Due to liability Insurance issues, No one under 18 years of age will be considered or permitted to enter the facility.
CLICK HERE FOR AVAILABILITY AND BOOKING ON HOSTELBOOKERS.COM
* 24-Hour Reception – Someone will come and greet you.
* 24/7 Hot and Cold water
* 24/7 Concierge service – Since these units are apartments, there is limited help after 8:00 pm but unlimited service if you call our main office.
* 24/7 Security, 56 video cameras and Digital Video Recorders are constantly monitoring all areas of this building as well as the Streets surrounding this property.
* Television – IN EVERY PRIVATE BEDROOM - 200 channel Direct TV Satellite all Digital programming can be viewed on 22 inch Flat Panel High Definition sets.
* FREE LAUNDRY SERVICE - Your housekeeper will accept your MACHINE WASHABLE Laundry for washing FREE OF ANY CHARGES. HOWEVER, GUESTS ARE EXPECTED TO TIP HIM/HER GENEROUSLY.
* Car Parking –Half block away on 73rd Street (Special discount rates can be arranges)
* Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services are available in our building at 1374 York Avenue (at a charge).
* Bicycle for hire (at a charge)
* Linens and towels included (deposit required in order to insure prompt return of items)
* Luggage Storage (free for 1 day storage)
* Children not allowed Adults only.
* Telephone and Fax services at lobby only - Faxes and Telephones will be in the rooms by November 2008.
* Travel desk / Travel info
* Currency Exchange facility - check for hours of operation. Many banks are located on 1st and 2nd Avenues.
* No Curfew - but please keep in mind that other guests may be sleeping.
* Lifts/ Elevators – No Elevators are available.
* Pets not allowed – other guests may be allergic to pets.
* Smoking outside only, never in building
* Hardwired Internet / wireless Internet in each private bedroom..
* Individually air-conditioned units
* Guest Kitchen – Available to all guests.
* Refrigerator - Microwave and Frost Free refrigerator in the shared kitchen.
* Building lounge - no building lounge currently available, but look for it in the near future.
* Bike parking – You may keep a Bicycle in your room or make arrangements with the housekeepers to store it for you.
* Wheelchair access – This is walk-up building no wheelchair access.
We have 24 Hours / 7 days-a-week security surveying the premises with the aid of a 56-camera video monitor and digital video recorder (DVD). The management office for the building is located on the first floor at 1374 York Avenue unit number 1B.
We also provide broadband Internet access throughout the entire building; Tenants have access to enter the premises at all hours.
We look forward to serving you at the Upper East Side Apartments!
Cancellations or changes must be notified at least 24 hours in advance via phone or email. In case of a 'NO SHOW,' one night will be charged.
Extra Tax Info
24 Hour Reception - Please see Doorman for Check-in and Check-out details. If you arrive between the hours of 10:00 AM and 8:00PM, “NELL” the housekeeper will greet you and show you your private bedroom, then she will ask you for your credit card or make other payment arrangements (We prefer credit card payments). AT OTHER TIMES PLEASE CALL 646-221-1358 AND THE PERSON ON-DUTY WILL MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO GUIDE YOU TO YOUR ROOM. OR RING UNIT 2A AT 1374 YORK AVENUE. THE ON DUTY SECURITY GUARD WILL ASSIST YOU.
YOU CAN BOOK FOR A MAXIMUM STAY OF 28 DAYS, WE CAN NOT ACCEPT BOOKINGS FOR A LONGER PERIOD. IF YOU REQUIRE A LONGER STAY, THEN BOOK 28 DAYS WITH US AND THE REST OF YOUR STAY WITH A DIFFERENT APARTMENT BUILDING. LEASES FOR A PERIOD LONGER THAN ONE MONTH REQUIRE A CREDIT CHECK AND FILLING OUT AN APPLICATION FOR A LONG TERM LEASE
Our prices do not include tax. New York City Taxes are 16.875% (9.875 state tax, 7% city tax THIS TAX INCLUDES 2.00 state tax and $1.50 city tax per room per day). Taxes will be added to your bill when you arrive.
Room description/ How many types, information, facilities?
Some, but not all of our private bedroom units can easily accommodate 3 or more Adults at no extra charge for 3rd or more adults (Free to the 3rd or more adult persons traveling with you).
Some of our rooms have full size beds, some have twin size beds. You can request to be assigned a specific type of rooms based on availability.
Location/ What's Nearby / Attractions
We are located at one of the safest and richest zip codes (Post office designated area) in New York County and zip code 10021 ranks as the TOP TEN RICHEST ZIP CODES in the entire United States (Google "10021 in Manhattan").
The three buildings which can be seen in the pictures, feature 4 (four) restaurants including Italian, Mexican, Brazilian and a coffee shop and a laundry dry cleaner. World famous Sotheby’s auction house is only 1 block away on 72nd Street, World renowned New York Hospital is 3 blocks away, Rockefeller University is 5 blocks away. Central Park is 7 blocks away, many higher learning institutions are within easy walking distance. Numerous Bars and Nightclubs are within walking distance in this Hip part of town. (Google "attractions in zip code 10021" and you will find hundreds of venues, too numerous to list).
The 73rd Street entrance to the “F.D.R. Drive” is at your door steps, it is a short and quick Taxi ride to Times Square, 5th Avenue, Madison Avenue and all that New York has to offer the visitor.
The #6 Subway line stops at 68th Street and Lexington Avenue, the 68th Street cross town bus stops at the subway station and this bus stop within one block of 73rd Street and York Avenue. Or you can take the #6 subway line to the 77th Street stop and walk 7 blocks to 73rd and York.
The individual apartments are located on the 1st through the 5th floors; they are designated in the description of the units as follows:
“1374-1b” translates to the 3rd building apartment number 1b on the first floor, “1372-4d” translates to 2nd building apartment number 4d on the fourth floor. “1370-2c” translates to 1st building apartment 2c on the second floor…etc.
We are two blocks away from a gym, health spa, swimming pool, bars and night clubs as well as numerous restaurants are available within easy walking distance, they offer a variety of endless cuisine from Chinese, Japanese, kosher, American, Greek, Italian, French and many more! This facility is a fund raising effort by MacDougal Street Synagogue and Beth Midrash to build a new synagogue and in its never ending quest to promote tolerance and understanding between all persons of all religions.
24 Hour Reception- Please see Doorman for Check-in and Check-out details-If you arrive between the hours of 10:00 AM and 8:00PM, Monday to Saturday (excluding Sunday) “YOLANTA” the housekeeper will greet you and show you your private bedroom, then she will ask you for your credit card or make other payment arrangements (We prefer credit card payments).
Directions / How To Find Your Apartment
From La Guardia Airport:
1: Start out going NORTHEAST on LA GUARDIA RD.
2: Turn SLIGHT LEFT toward TERMINAL A/MARINE AIR TERMINAL/RENTAL CAR RETURNS.
3: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto CENTRAL TERMINAL DR.
4: Take the AIRPORT EXIT ramp.
5: Merge onto GRAND CENTRAL PKWY W toward MANHATTAN.
6: GRAND CENTRAL PKWY W becomes I-278 E.
7: Take the exit toward MANHATTAN/RANDALLS-WARDS IS/DOWNING STADIUM.
8: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto TRIBOROUGH BRIDGE (Portions toll).
9: Merge onto FDR DR S.
10: Take EXIT 13 toward E 71 ST.
11: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto FDR DR.
12: Turn RIGHT onto E 71ST ST.
13: Turn RIGHT onto YORK AVE.
14: End at Apartment